We've hand-picked these items because they are a great choice alongside the Butler & Rose Elizabeth Filtered Water Traditional Chrome Kitchen Mixer
The activated carbon filter removes the impurities from your domestic cold water, thereby improving the taste of the water that comes out of your tap. But what exactly does it remove? What are these impurities that make normal tap water taste different to bottled water? Carbon filters like the one found in this kit are effective in removing organic contaminants, herbicides and even pesticides that have found their way into the water supply.
The most common concern about tap water is the fact that it can contain by-products from chlorine, including trihalomethanes (THM), a group of environmental pollutants that studies have shown cause cancer in laboratory animals. Activated carbon filtering is very effective in removing THMs from your water. On top of all of that, phosphate beads in the filtering system reduce scale from hard water, prolonging the life of your tap and kettle.
- Butler & Rose Elizabeth Traditional Polished Chrome Mono Kitchen Mixer
- Complete Water Filter Kit
Water Filter Kit Features:
- Get instant filtered cold water straight from your tap
- Removes impurities and bad tastes to leave you with bottled water taste
- No more buying bottled water or filter jugs - save money and the environment
- Elegant traditional design - made from solid brass with a polished chrome finish
- Easy to use twin lever design
- Quarter turn ceramic disc technology - long-lasting and no drips
- Swivel spout - easily switch between bowls on 1.5 or 2 bowl sinks
- Includes flexi-tails and tap fixing kit for quick and easy installation
- Minimum 1 bar water pressure required
- Keep it looking its best with the Cramer Professional Tap Cleaner
- Overall height - 352mm
- Spout exit height - 250mm
- Projection - 167mm
- Mimimum tap hole size - 35mm
Want to see how the Vellamo Complete filter kit works? Watch the videos below and then read our handy blog to find out even more about why your home would benefit from one.
Please note: It is recommended that you replace the filter every 6 months. Replacement filters can be purchased by clicking here.
|Global Trade Item Number||5056585201672|
|Type||Mono Kitchen Mixers, Filtered Water Taps|
|Brand||Butler & Rose|
|Brand Range||Butler & Rose Elizabeth|
|GuaranteeMore information||1 Year|
All of our brand partners and manufacturers offer a warranty as standard. Please note that these guarantees are provided by the manufacturer, and will be subject to individual terms and conditions, for example avoiding abrasive bleach-based cleaning products.
If you need further info about a specific manufacturer's guarantee, please contact our team.
|Cartridge TypeMore information||Ceramic Disc|
They can also be purchased separately and retrofitted to most taps, or they can usually be uninstalled if not wanted. They're a great benefit on high pressure systems where the full flow of water is unnecessary, cutting your water bills and helping to reduce wastage. On lower-pressure systems they can help to improve the performance of a tap by adding air to the limited flow of water available. All-in-all, they're pretty awesome.
Ceramic disc cartridges need only a 90-degree rotation to fully open or close, and the 2 ceramic plates are incredibly hard-wearing and resilient. They're more expensive to make, but they allow for a huge range of designs, easy operation and simple maintenance if needed.
Whilst it is rare for a ceramic cartridge to need replacing, you may very occasionally need to remove and rinse the cartridge if grit or debris within the water system is preventing the 2 plates from closing properly. Much like replacing a rubber washer, this is a quick and easy job, and will ensure many years of use.
|Mounting Type||Deck Mounted|
|Spout Type||Swan Neck Spout, Swivel Spout|
|Minimum Tap Hole SizeMore information||35mm|
This is the minimum recommended hole diameter that this tap needs for installation. Generally, the tap will sit on top of the sink or worktop, and the hot and cold water feeds and fixing bolts will need to slot through the tap hole and be connected underneath. Your hole can be a bit larger than this size, provided it is not larger than the diameter of the base of the tap.
|Minimum Water PressureMore information||1|
Minimum Water Pressure
Your water pressure depends on your home's water system. It’s important to consider water pressure when buying a new tap or shower. Buying a product with a minimum water pressure that’s too high for your home will result in poor performance.
- With a combi boiler you can usually expect between 1 and 2 bar
- With a gravity system (cold water tank in attic) you may have as little as 0.1 or 0.2 bar upstairs, and perhaps 0.5 bar downstairs
- With a high pressure unvented system (hot water cylinder, no cold water tank) you will generally have between 1 and 3 bar
You can install an item with a low minimum pressure rating on a high pressure system, but avoid installing an item with a high minimum rating on a low pressure system! Read our guide to water pressure to learn more.