Abode Pronteau Prostream 3 in 1 Instant Hot Water Tap
Available in 5 equally exquisite finishes, the Abode Pronteau Prostream 3 in 1 instant hot water tap produces instant 98°C filtered water and employs a dual stage safety handle mechanism to prevent scalding. With a 360° swivel spout for free movement, an anti-splash aerator, and a 5 year manufacturer’s guarantee, what more could you need in a kitchen tap?
• Instant 98°C filtered water at the turn of a handle
• Dual stage safety handle mechanism on the hot handle
• 5 eye-catching finishes to choose from
• Includes PROBOIL2X boiler system and filter cartridge
• Anti-splash aerator
• 360° swivel spout for maximum practicality
• Delivers domestic hot and cold water
• Energy saving cold start valve as standard
• Minimum 0.75 bar hot water pressure required
• Minimum 1.5 bar cold water pressure required
• 5 year guarantee from Abode
• PROBOIL2X is manufactured in the UK and can be wall or floor mounted
• Compact design
• 2 litre tank
• Safety steam vent to standard dishwasher connection
• Removable tank lid for easy cleaning and descaling
• 2 year guarantee from Abode
• Specifically engineered for hot water applications
• Reduces chlorine taste and odours in water
• Recommended replacement interval - 6 to 12 months
• Overall height - 427mm
• Spout exit height - 298mm
• Projection - 216mm
• Recommended tap hole size - Ø35mm
• Maximum worktop thickness - 50mm
• Height - 257mm
• Depth - 175mm
• Width - 217mm
Product Code PT1105 Type Mono Kitchen Mixers, Boiling Water Taps Brand Abode Brand Range Abode Pronteau 3-in-1 Minimum Water PressureMore information 1.5 Shape Round Style Modern Mounting Type Deck Mounted Tap Holes Mono Spout Type Swan Neck Spout, 360 Degree Swivel Spout Handle Type Lever, Dual Control Cartridge TypeMore information Ceramic Disc Height (mm) 427 Projection (mm) 216 AeratorMore information Yes GuaranteeMore information 5 Years Global Trade Item Number 5060344154482 Finish Urban Copper Popular Features Eco-Friendly
Minimum Water Pressure
Your water pressure depends on your home's water system. It’s important to consider water pressure when buying a new tap or shower. Buying a product with a minimum water pressure that’s too high for your home will result in poor performance.
- With a combi boiler you can usually expect between 1 and 2 bar
- With a gravity system (cold water tank in attic) you may have as little as 0.1 or 0.2 bar upstairs, and perhaps 0.5 bar downstairs
- With a high pressure unvented system (hot water cylinder, no cold water tank) you will generally have between 1 and 3 bar
You can install an item with a low minimum pressure rating on a high pressure system, but avoid installing an item with a high minimum rating on a low pressure system! Read our guide to water pressure to learn more.Taps use either a ceramic disc cartridge or a rubber compression washer to control flow. Rubber washers will naturally wear down with use, and the tap handle will require more and more rotations to turn on or off. On the plus side, it's very easy to replace a rubber washer and they're available everywhere.
Ceramic disc cartridges need only a 90-degree rotation to fully open or close, and the 2 ceramic plates are incredibly hard-wearing and resilient. They're more expensive to make, but they allow for a huge range of designs, easy operation and simple maintenance if needed.
Whilst it is rare for a ceramic cartridge to need replacing, you may very occasionally need to remove and rinse the cartridge if grit or debris within the water system is preventing the 2 plates from closing properly. Much like replacing a rubber washer, this is a quick and easy job, and will ensure many years of use.Tap aerators are simple but beautifully-engineered devices that save water and money without a perceived loss of pressure. These small attachments are inserted inside the end of the spout and provide a regulated, smoothed and aerated flow of water by separating a single flow into many tiny streams. These streams mix with air as they flow from the tap, meaning less water is needed to achieve the same 'feel' and performance as non-aerated taps.
They can also be purchased separately and retrofitted to most taps, or they can usually be uninstalled if not wanted. They're a great benefit on high pressure systems where the full flow of water is unnecessary, cutting your water bills and helping to reduce wastage. On lower-pressure systems they can help to improve the performance of a tap by adding air to the limited flow of water available. All-in-all, they're pretty awesome.
All of our brand partners and manufacturers offer a warranty as standard. Please note that these guarantees are provided by the manufacturer, and will be subject to individual terms and conditions, for example avoiding abrasive bleach-based cleaning products.
If you need further info about a specific manufacturer's guarantee, please contact our team.
- Delivery & Returns
COVID-19 Update (December 2020)
- Our website, warehouse and all courier partners are open and fully operational
- Our customer service and sales teams are working safely from home and are available via email and live chat
- Stock availability for some items displaying a lead time (e.g. 3-7 days) or backorder date (e.g. Delivery from [date]) is occasionally falling short, and we would like to sincerely apologise if you are affected. We advise ordering 'In Stock' lines if you are working to very tight deadlines. Please see our note below.
How long will my delivery take?
Of the 10,000 products we offer, around 3,000 lines are ready for immediate dispatch directly from our warehouse - these items are labelled as ‘In Stock’ or ‘Next Day Delivery.’
Other items will show an estimated lead time, such as 2-4 or 3-7 working days, and are ordered on-demand from our brand partners right away. This information is shown on each product page throughout the website, as well as in the basket prior to checkout, and in the checkout process itself.
If desired, you will be able to split your order into multiple deliveries during the checkout if they have different lead times.
Items showing ‘Delivery from [Date]’ are available to pre-order, and will be placed on back-order. There’s no need to worry about double delivery costs: any pre-order products in your basket will be split from your main delivery free of charge, therefore will not hold up your main order. These will be delivered as soon as they arrive in our warehouse.
We are currently seeing reduced accuracy with the stock information we get from our brand partners as well as unexpected delays to stock arriving in the UK. Although we are still meeting the vast majority of these lead times, we advise ordering 'In Stock' items if you are working to tight deadlines. We guarantee that we are doing everything in our power to minimise any delays, but we ask for your understanding about the impacts of Covid-19 and Brexit on our supply chain.
Our sales team are happy to specifically check any products not displaying as 'In Stock' - simply open a Live Chat with us or pop us an email.
How much does delivery cost?
- Orders over £250 receive FREE standard delivery to mainland UK
- Orders under £250:
For orders under £250, the charge* is displayed on every product page just under the 'Add to Basket' button, and is dependent on the size of the item. You will only pay a single charge regardless of how many products you buy (unless you opt to split your order into multiple deliveries to receive parts of it faster).
* Additional charges will usually apply to some areas of Northern Scotland and Scottish Isles, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland; and also to some areas of mainland UK for very large or fragile items that are sent by pallet.
Next day, weekend & time-specific deliveries
If an item shows 'In Stock' or 'Next Day Delivery Available', you will also be able to choose a number of other delivery options during the checkout. Depending on the service, additional delivery charges may apply.
For our other items that show a delivery estimate, you will not be able to choose next day or timed services. We aim to deliver the item within the advertised timescale.
We deliver small items (taps, shower fittings, accessories, small kitchen sinks, mirrors etc.) to most of Europe. You will be informed if any of the items in your basket are not able to be sent to your country during the checkout process.
If your country is not listed, or if you want to order a larger item, we may still be able to help. Please chat to us via live chat or send us an email.
Large item deliveries
Please note that the driver will not be able to take the items in to your property, so we recommend that you have 2 able-bodied people to help take delivery if you have ordered large or heavy items. The driver will wait for you to check for any signs of damage. Please notify us of any transit damage either on the delivery note, or if there isn't time to check the items thoroughly upon delivery then within 48 hours of receipt. This does not affect your statutory rights with regards to manufacturing defects and faults.
Returns & Collections
For unwanted items we offer 90 days for a credit note, and 30 days for a refund. Please note that there are a few items we are unable to take back, including some special finish taps and showers, toilet seats that have been opened, and bespoke orders. See our full returns policy.
We now offer a collection service for unwanted items. This is particularly useful for fragile, bulky items that are difficult to transport. Unwanted items can be collected at a convenient time and place via our own transport partners, typically within a 1 or 2 hour window. This is a chargeable service - for full details, please see our returns policy.
- Reviews (0)
- Customer Questions