Abode Pronteau Prostyle 3 in 1 Instant Hot Water Tap
Nothing is more luxurious than the Abode Pronteau Prostyle 3 in 1 instant hot water tap which is now available in a choice of 5 equally exquisite finishes. It's not all about the finisih of the tap though: the features make it so mcuh more than just a normal kitchen tap. For example, the Pronteau Prostyle boasts instant 98°C filtered water, a dual stage safety handle to prevent accidental scalding, an anti-splash aerator, and a 360° swivel spout for maximum movement capability. With all of these wonderful features and a 5 year manufacturer’s guarantee, this is one kitchen tap we simply cannot resist!
• Instant 98°C filtered water at the turn of a handle
• Dual stage safety handle mechanism on the hot handle
• 5 eye-catching finishes to choose from
• Includes PROBOIL2X boiler system and filter cartridge
• Anti-splash aerator
• 360° swivel spout for maximum practicality
• Delivers domestic hot and cold water
• Energy saving cold start valve as standard
• Minimum 0.75 bar hot water pressure required
• Minimum 1.5 bar cold water pressure required
• 5 year guarantee from Abode
• PROBOIL2X is manufactured in the UK and can be wall or floor mounted
• Compact design
• 2 litre tank
• Safety steam vent to standard dishwasher connection
• Removable tank lid for easy cleaning and descaling
• 2 year guarantee from Abode
• Specifically engineered for hot water applications
• Reduces chlorine taste and odours in water
• Recommended replacement interval - 6 to 12 months
• WRAS approved
• Overall height - 390mm
• Spout exit height - 287mm
• Projection - 222mm
• Recommended tap hole size - Ø35mm
• Maximum worktop thickness - 50mm
• Height - 257mm
• Depth - 175mm
• Width - 217mm
|Type||Mono Kitchen Mixers, Boiling Water Taps|
|Brand Range||Abode Pronteau 3-in-1|
|Minimum Water PressureMore information||1.5|
|Mounting Type||Deck Mounted|
|Spout Type||U-Shaped Spout, 360 Degree Swivel Spout|
|Handle Type||Lever, Dual Control|
|Cartridge TypeMore information||Ceramic Disc|
|GuaranteeMore information||5 Years|
|Global Trade Item Number||5060344154512|
Minimum Water Pressure
Your water pressure depends on your home's water system. It’s important to consider water pressure when buying a new tap or shower. Buying a product with a minimum water pressure that’s too high for your home will result in poor performance.
- With a combi boiler you can usually expect between 1 and 2 bar
- With a gravity system (cold water tank in attic) you may have as little as 0.1 or 0.2 bar upstairs, and perhaps 0.5 bar downstairs
- With a high pressure unvented system (hot water cylinder, no cold water tank) you will generally have between 1 and 3 bar
You can install an item with a low minimum pressure rating on a high pressure system, but avoid installing an item with a high minimum rating on a low pressure system! Read our guide to water pressure to learn more.
Ceramic disc cartridges need only a 90-degree rotation to fully open or close, and the 2 ceramic plates are incredibly hard-wearing and resilient. They're more expensive to make, but they allow for a huge range of designs, easy operation and simple maintenance if needed.
Whilst it is rare for a ceramic cartridge to need replacing, you may very occasionally need to remove and rinse the cartridge if grit or debris within the water system is preventing the 2 plates from closing properly. Much like replacing a rubber washer, this is a quick and easy job, and will ensure many years of use.
They can also be purchased separately and retrofitted to most taps, or they can usually be uninstalled if not wanted. They're a great benefit on high pressure systems where the full flow of water is unnecessary, cutting your water bills and helping to reduce wastage. On lower-pressure systems they can help to improve the performance of a tap by adding air to the limited flow of water available. All-in-all, they're pretty awesome.
All of our brand partners and manufacturers offer a warranty as standard. Please note that these guarantees are provided by the manufacturer, and will be subject to individual terms and conditions, for example avoiding abrasive bleach-based cleaning products.
If you need further info about a specific manufacturer's guarantee, please contact our team.